Published on YouTube: A Capable Maid Chapter 8

$500+ Skincare From Tik Tok Recommendations (Haul + Unboxing) | Cerave, Deciem, & More!

'$500+ Skincare From Tik Tok Recommendations (Haul + Unboxing) | Cerave, Deciem, & More!'

Turns out I’m [controlled by] consumerism Hey friends! Happy Sunday and welcome back to my channel uhhhhhhhhhh Today I was like, “Let’s do a haul!” And then I came face-to-face with a really uncomfortable reality, which is I have a problem [upbeat music] I think the joke is that I actually do recognize the thought process and rhetoric that goes on in my psyche and it goes a little bit like I’m literally so sad Oh Why? Because I’m spending my 20s in the midst of a fatal global pandemic that part of the population is protesting against because they’re more concerned with their own lives than to face the scientific facts that thousands of people are dying every day and we have no cure for it And we’re not even going to mention marginalized lives in this imaginary psyche because it would be creating a meme-ification of real and at-risk lives But there’s a link in my description to offer your support And the earth is dying and while I know that the real perpetrator creating irreversible damage to the only place in our universe that is feasible for us to survive is in these large corporate companies I still feel particularly at fault as i’m aiding them with my buying power Interesting Also Kanye’s running for president. Oh that one’s new. Yeah. So I’ve been umm… I’ve been sad Well, maybe you should…

buy something? What? Okay. [television tone] Did we like that? Did we like the skit? So anyways here’s a skincare haul [upbeat music] Let’s start with drugstore products I have two boxes full Um… because Again, I don’t have control. First thing I did was grab this. This was in one of my other skin care videos.

It is my favourite miscellar water and I just need to re-up because I did not have anymore did not have anymore I already use Cerave as my lotion anyways without the influence of Tik Tok Just the influence of consumerism It is the renewing SA lotion for extremely dry rough bumpy skin That really- That really- I don’t know why but that really came for me for some reason Alrighty Another thing that is Tik Tok influenced I missed the whole thing It is for fungal acne, which i’ve learned is not actually acne, but I do have some bumpiness and acne-type bumps on my forehead so I decided to buy this because The kids on Tik Tok told me to and if the kids on Tik Tok tell me to I will do it. Whatever they do. I will do it. I bow down to the kids on Tik Tok because I want to live vicariously through them They are so cool. And I am so, very not. I bought this it was for fungal acne, but technically, it is actually Um… Words? It’s an anti-dandruff shampoo Even if it doesn’t work on the fungal acne.

I do be having dandruff. What else did we get? So I also got this from Shoppers. It is the Pixi Vitamin C Tonic Um It is a big fat no for me It has such an orange scent that I might just repurpose it as like an essential oil and just like plop it in to like a diffuser because This scent goes crazy and it is not a scent that I want on my face Next is Deciem. Deciem is also like super hyped on Tik Tok I mean I bought products from Deciem way before- long before Tik Tok I’ve never found much…

Success I got three face products from The Ordinary Two of them are Tik Tok influenced. Surprise, surprise. I got the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% I don’t love the texture because it is kind of sticky But I have it and I use it and it’s fine. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution PH ~3.6 All over Tik Tok. Literally everywhere.

I try not to use it very often because sometimes when my skin is feeling particularly sensitive It hurts me. If I even so slightly upset my skin and I put this on it It will freak out. Um, I purely bought because I needed like eight more dollars to get free shipping [laughs] This is The Ordinary Plant-Derived Squalene and when I was reading about it, it said that it’s really good for moisture which a girl needs because The hydration levels on the skin is not killing the game. It was a spur of the moment purchase That paid off greatly.

Amongst these, I recommend this. I like it. We all know I’m [controlled by] Glossier I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s like the Apple effect where I just- I need it. I can’t do society without it. That is what Glossier is to me.

I re-upped on some balm dot com that I talked about in my last video I’ve tried most of the flavors at this point, but this rose one slaps I also re-upped on the Generation G in Cake This is like, if I had to pick one make-up product for the rest of my life [ticking sounds] [toaster oven sound] No, yeah, it would be this one. I finally got some new stuff So I got the Priming Moistu- I enjoy it I think I need the extra hydration and moisture before I put on some makeup And this does that for me. So I did get some makeup Stretch concealer from Glossier Packaging, A+ Yes! This is the Skin Perfecting Tint. I got it in the same colour as my concealer.

My thoughts? No. Oh, yes. Oh dear. Oh, yes. Oh dear. I’ve been hearing about Paula’s Choice for maybe, the last six months. Maybe? They also love Paula’s Choice on Tik Tok And therefore, if the Tik Tok kids love it [sigh] I like to believe I will too That is my hair in that box So I wanted to get a sunscreen because I thought this pandemic would be over by now It’s not. I like it. I like that it’s non-greasy and does not leave a white-cast.

And it is ideal for sports and outdoor activities. Don’t need that during quarantine as I Don’t go outside and I have never participated in sports But I like it. I like it. We have the clear pore normalizing cleanser It is for blemish-prone skin, which i’ve been experiencing this quarantine, which is why I bought it. My pores? Disgusting.

My plemishes- Plem- My blemishes. My blemishes. My blemishes. They’re popping up and I don’t love it It’s a gel cleanser. Not bad. This…

[exhales] Okay. My white-heads. Uh… They just they wanted to say “Hello” so badly. All of them. Like every like, 500 of them. They just wanted to come out and say “Hello” this quarantine. And they did.

I see all those whiteheads and blemishes They don’t make me happy. They don’t spark joy. This however The joy, it’s been sparked. I think it was the first day I started using it Magic. Last on the block is Sephora. Tik Tok told me to buy this. They said “You have bumpy skin?” Yuck. I use this twice a week.

[indistinguishable accent]: On ze boom area and just on my the back of my arms here because uh, they do get bumpy I’m a human being I don’t have the perfect skin. Very great. I’m happy Tik Tok recommended this to me. I’ve had my eye on Summer Fridays for quite a while. Of everything I purchased,I’m positive this bottle that is the size of- Tube the size of my middle finger, basically.

Cost me more than it should I can’t remember what it was I probably Deleted it from my brain because of how painful it was. I try not to use it every day because like I said, she do be expensive It is quite thick. It is a thickums. But very good. And then for lips.

Ya girl has chapped lips. What can I say? I got this Bite Beauty… agave… Vegan, maybe? Vegan. It is a mini scrub and sleep lip duo.

Good God, it’s tiny. I haven’t used it yet. I I recently just got this in the mail. How cute! Wow, this packaging is beautiful. Wow, it’s like a vanilla vanilla sugar type smell, I adore that. Okay, cool.

I also got this from Kosas. Kosas? Kosas. Someone put me on. Someone who, like, heavily influenced me through an Internet screen. Tik Tok. A YouTuber. Someone did.

And they said buy this and I went to sephora and I was like Yup. Yeah. You know? You convinced me. Okay, this is in the way. I’m so sorry has that been in the way the whole time? [sighs] I’m not gonna redo it. Okay. Alrighty! Oh. No scent.

It’s minty! I don’t know if that’s good for me. I just don’t like having chapped lips. So I buy these because I- I umm… No reason just capitalism [upbeat music] I hope you guys enjoyed this video If you did like it, make sure to give it a like. Please. And if you super liked it, make sure to subscribe.

Please subscribe. Thank you again, so much, for watching and I’ll see you on another Sunday Cheers!

Source: Being Jillian

Comments