Published on YouTube: A Capable Maid Chapter 8

Santa Cruz Board Of Supervisors 8/4/20

– [Woman] Good morning, everyone. Before we get started, I just want to remind you that face coverings are required at all times while in the County building. And please keep your face coverings on when you approach the microphone, covering your nose and mouth. Thank you.

– [Man] I’m in, can you hear me? – I will now call the August 4th, 2020 regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors to order. Will the clerk please call the roll? – Supervisor Leopold? – Here. – Friend? – Here. – Coonerty? – Here.

– McPherson? – Here. – Chairman Caput? – Here. We’ll have a moment of silence, and prayer, and then we’ll follow with the Pledge of Allegiance. Please join me – [All] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well, Mr. Palacios, do we have any late additions or changes? – Yes, on the regular agenda item number 12, there’s additional materials. There’s a revised packet page, a revised memo packet pages 69, 73, 75, 76 and 77. There’s also a revised attachment F there’s an updated polygon map, on packet page 117. On the consent agenda, item 24, there’s a correction.

The item should read except in file the 2021 revised County revised budget document be considered during budget hearings in August schedule a public hearing on August 18, 2020 beginning at 1:30 PM or thereafter to consider amendments to the unified fee schedule and take related actions as recommended by the County Administrative Officer. There’s additional materials and a revised memo. Packet pages 651 and 654 attachment C, there’s notice of the unified fee schedule public hearing replacement packet page 672 and attachment D revised budget hearing schedule, which is packet page 672 also. Thank you, that concludes the corrections.

– Okay, thank you. Do any board members wish to pull any consent items to the regular agenda? I don’t hear any. Public comment. – Sheriff, if I could just say something at the beginning of public comment, it is hard in these days of COVID to gather together, but I wanted to share a proclamation honoring Dave King and proclaiming Dave King Day.

Whereas Dave King, a native of Del Nortek, Colorado was born on June 16th, 1951. And at 18 years old, moved to Santa Cruz where he became the beloved father of twin daughters, Brianna and Sean King and proud grandfather of Niko, Dior, King, Graffina, and Giana Sophia King. And whereas Dave was a star varsity basketball player at Blackford High School and was offered a scholarship to UCLA, but his first love was surfing. And after attending West Valley Junior College in Saratoga, he followed his dream to move to Santa Cruz.

And whereas Dave was the king of heart and soul who shone like a magnificent beacon, statuesque, tan, deep voice, deep blue eyes, white curls, and a soul patch. And he was the quintessential California boy dedicated to his community, friends and everyone he met on his travels. And whereas Dave was a man who was larger than life itself, beloved by an army of surfers, volleyball players, paddle boarders, so full of goodwill that his love and life would truly fill any space that he was in. And in addition, he was an ambassador, a true waterman, a graceful surfer, a pioneer paddle boarding, who himself became a monster paddler and a commanding presence on any sporting field.

And whereas David was a mainstay in Ride a Wave Foundation since its inception in 1988. And believe that those in the program were the kind of people he wanted to surround himself with. And then he was meant to help others surf and enjoy their lives in healthy ways. And the Ride a Wave kids loved him and they would light up when he strolled across the beach towards them, and whereas David dedicated his life to others, but no one took the place of his daughters that he loved madly.

And he always said that there were never words powerful enough to describe the love that they had for each other. And whereas on July 3rd, 2020, David passed away just before five in the morning in the comfort of his home, surrounded by his loved ones, beautiful flowers, and a paddle in his hand after all it was the dawn patroller’s favorite time of day. Now, therefore I, John Leopold, Santa Cruz First District Supervisor hereby proclaim June 16th at David King Day in Santa Cruz County and urge all citizens to join in the annual celebration of his life to honor, love, and remember the loss of a gentle giant of a man who was always more comfortable serving his community than shining in the spotlight at his own paddle out, which will happen on August 8th, 2020 at Cal’s Beach in Santa Cruz. We have a couple of representatives to acknowledge this incredible human being and a real loss to our community.

I’m gonna bring you the proclamation, I’d take your hand, but I can’t do that. – Alright, thank you, John. Hi everyone. My name is Boots McGee.

Very good friend of Dave King. I’m very proud and equally sad that I’m here to present at Santa Cruz City proclamation for my longtime friend, Dave King. The list of common interests we’ve all shared with Dave is as deep as the ocean and is much taller than his height. In fact, I’ve always looked up to him and I know he’s never looked down on anyone.

His place in the community filled so many important needs to young and old, inspiration, engaging, and fitness was what he exuded. It’s no wonder he’s loved and missed. For a decade I was the official photographer for the right Away Foundation established by Danny Cortazzo. Ride a wave allows kids and adults with a variety of physical and mental challenges to not only experience the beach and nearshore waters, but also the ultimate surfing.

What I photographed was not just the kids having the best day of their lives, but I also focused on the parents watching their child’s experience. What many of us have done for half a century. There were dozens of times where I’d view my pics on the computer and tears would well up. Invariably David would be in the very best frames.

A big man at six seven, he also had a voice that bellowed and reverberated gently in your ears. You always knew he was within earshot. Here he’d be helping a two foot six inch child with unimaginable challenges into or out of a kayak or carrying a little girl with burn injuries through the Rambo Relay Bays with the mom cheering her on. Dave was all that and more.

He’s been quite generous with not only just his time but he’s been known to assist with funds as he did with my family right after the Katrina Hurricane. A year ago, February, a famed photo journalist contacted me about a project he created. He asked me to assemble a group of ocean enthusiasts for a senior athlete photo essay. My very first phone call was to David.

Turns out a picture of Dave was chosen for the gallery at the Ringling museum in Florida. I’m extremely proud to appear in that photograph also. One month after the shoot, he suffered his first strokes. I have to tell you, there are many of us in the lineup, men and women who speak of him often, and at times in total disbelief, that someone like David King has left us.

There’s a local saying live like Jay, today my shout out is be the benevolent king. Thank you. – [John] Thank you. – I want to say rest in peace, Dave, I want to thank John Leopold for doing this today.

I want to thank Angela Chestnut for helping me write the proclamation. And I just want to thank you all here today. And once again, my good friend, Dave King, rest in peace. – Thank you.

– Good morning, thank you. My deepest condolences to David King’s family. First of all, I wanted to start out asking the supervisors. What are the larger issues facing Santa Cruz County? What are the larger issues facing Santa Cruz County? Crime, homelessness, that was evidenced with the Camp Ross and as we’ve had local conversations, relocating the homeless youth to the Seventh Day Adventist Camp down in Soquel, which is where I live.

Illegal drug use is a very large issue for our county to be considering, mental health. All these things really go together and they’re very large issues that we should all be very carefully considering. And we should be placing our time, attention and resources toward these big issues. So given that the county has these issues that need to be addressed, why is the board taking time to criminalize non-criminals? I’m here to ask you to vote no on item 10 on the agenda today, I think you all know item 10 would criminalize non-criminals by fining people who do not comply with the health orders.

I don’t understand why spend your time and the county’s precious resources, even considering this and the people of this county deserve better. We pay our taxes on time. We raise our children, I have children, we go to work, we have businesses. There are lots of local businesses, struggling, Supervisor Friend, Nicole Duke is in your district.

She has Hot Yoga in Aptos. There’s a GoFundMe account for her right now for her business. We all deserve better. I don’t understand why we’re wanting to criminalize the non-criminal.

Our governor is releasing convicts. If mask worked, put the mask on the convicts, keep them in prison. There’s no reason. There’s no reason to punish the people.

Okay, everybody’s doing the best they can. There’s no need to criminalize this, vote no on item 10 on the agenda. And I want to go one step further. And until our county is fully open again, you guys need to seriously consider forgoing your pay.

And I think Gail Newel needs to also, (audience applauding) people are losing their jobs and businesses, okay? And so either donate that your salary to these GoFundMe accounts or forgo your salary. Thank you. (audience applauding) – My name is David Hara. I live in Santa Cruz County. Now here are some questions while I await the end of the COVID-19 episode.

Why do we wear masks in the hope that it will prevent the spread of COVID-19 when there are no peer reviewed double blind studies to prove they are effective? Yes masks stop spittle. But the overall probability of that spittle containing COVID-19 is less than 0.5%. Why did Anthony Fauci and the World Health Organization and the Center for Disease Control initially say not to wear masks? Why do we wear masks when they are known to be detrimental to our health? And if not worn correctly are more likely to make us sick, as reported by surgeon general, Jerome Adams on March 31st of this year. Why do doctors lose their jobs or lose their medical licenses and/or received death threats after telling their stories about how in their medical practice, their use of HCQ plus the Z-Pak plus zinc are 96% effective in overcoming the COVID-19 disease as reported by Dr. Simone Gold and Dr. Harvey Rich and others in the mainstream media.

Why does Dr. Fauci prefer the therapeutic drug Remdesivir made by Gilead Sciences, which cost about $2,340 for a five day course and is only 60% effective as reported by CNN on June 29th of this year. How much money has Governor Newsom promised to send to Santa Cruz County? So Gail Newel would keep us on lockdown due to more cases of COVID-19? The fact of the aforesaid why did the Rockefeller Foundation publish it in 2010, the scenario for futures of technology and international development, that foretells almost exactly what has unfolded under the current COVID-19 situation, including the accidental release of COVID-19 from the Wuhan lab, wearing face masks, social distancing, quarantine, lockdowns, and business closures. The fact that the aforesaid article was published 10 years ago proves that the current COVID-19 episode was planned 10 years ago and is now being carried out. The residents of Santa Cruz County are waking up to these questions along with the residents all across United States and the voters of Santa Cruz County will not vote for you if you continue to acquiesce to all such fraudulent COVID-19.

And we will not vote for you if you order a mandatory mask for all of them. – [Greg] Thank you. Thank you. – Good morning, supervisors.

I got some good news for you today. We can declare victory over corona 19! On July 27th, 2020 in Washington DC, doctors announced at a press conference that they now have a successful treatment for COVID-19 that is almost 100% effective. One doctor presented her case studies of over 350 patients with COVID-19 that she treated with hydroxychloroquine plus zinc, plus zithromax. She had no deaths, all her patients recovered.

The doctor said, quote, “64 studies worldwide prove hydroxychloroquine is effective. There is no need to continue the lockdown, social distancing and use of masks. There is no need to wait for a vaccine, nobody needs to die,” unquote. The day after the doctor’s press conference, the propaganda attack dogs of big pharma and the drug companies were unleashed on the doctors. Their press conference on social media was taken down by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and their webpage was also removed.

The doctors have been slandered, defamed, and attacked as conspiracy theorists for curing their patients and telling the truth. One doctor was fired from her job at the hospital she worked at. The evidence is staring us in the face that our medical system, government, mainstream media and social media platforms have been taken over by those who put their profits before we, the people. We are now at a critical juncture in the human experience where our entire society and way of life is being attacked, destroyed, and replaced for ulterior motives and goals.

The present pandemic is one method of using fear, ignorance, and confusion to manipulate people into doing things to themselves and each other that would have been unthinkable only a year, a half a year earlier. We were caught off guard when this alleged world pandemic was brought forth on the global stage by ignorance and fear. But now we have sufficient sound data from many diverse sources that will give us the opportunity to see what is really going on, thank you. – [Greg] Thank you. (audience applauding) – My name is Dave Willis.

I just wanted to say, thanks a lot for you all saving my life. I mean, it’s like, I personally might not want to be here, but you made it possible for me to be here by the decisions that you made when you made your health decisions. I mean, all of you like the lady doctor, you all, you gave your best judgment and you let us know what to do, take safety measures. So I wanted to come and say, thanks a whole lot for saving all of our lives.

Even though the people who come, who complain, you saved them, also, you saved us all. Thanks a lot. I know it’s not your fault that this pandemic is here. They started in Washington.

People talking about you all cut your pay. I be thinking that too, as far as legislators, why are they still getting paid, and they doing a terrible job! People went crisis and they going on vacation. They call it a recess, it’s a month long paid. Why do we still pay them? They need not to be paid.

They’re not suffering like we are. So my view, I say, I think of you all in my heart and in my head and my thoughts, you all our heroes, all these medical who made the decisions, you’re heroes, you’re not doing nothing wrong. You’re saving us all, I can’t hardly talk. I’m trying to say something.

And I hope you get the message when they told us that you all had decided for us to wear a mask. I was like, huh, that’s not gonna work. But I just started doing it anyway. We Americans, that’s what we do.

We fight, we stand up. I feel like it’s my obligation, I’m in the war. I’m in the battle. And I’m proud about, I’m doing my part.

What you say do I’m still alive. ‘Cause I do stay in. Driving me crazy, yeah, whatever. But I’m doing my part to win this fight.

And I want to say thanks to you all because I’m telling you, you did the right thing and I’m knowing I hold no ill will toward none of you all. I think you’re great, good people, you’re leaders, you all deserve parades for this title, that title all like I said, thanks a lot. You’ve saved us all. I don’t know what to say.

Thanks. (audience applauding) – Thank you. Just a reminder if you’re gonna speak on item number 10 about masks right now, then you will not be able to speak on the item when it comes up. This the time for if you can’t stay and you want to make your point about item number 10, which is the mask ordinance. You could do that now, but you can’t speak twice on the same topic.

Go ahead, thank you, I’m sorry. – Good morning, my name’s Olivia Martinez. I’m the region two director for SEIE local 521. We are the largest bargaining unit for the County of Santa Cruz.

We represent approximately 1,500 members. And I’m here to say that we are very angry. We are beyond furious with how the furloughs with how the elimination of positions has been handled by the County. 30 of our members will be losing their job potentially during the pandemic.

Many of these workers are people of color, the majority and women that will be losing their jobs. Many of them have been here for over 20 years and did not expect to lose their job during a pandemic. We are concerned. We are also very angry with the Sheriff’s department for not abiding by labor rules and not giving us the sufficient information and notice that they were gonna be contracting out food services and eliminating nine positions, the majority of them people of color and women in those positions, we are angry with the communication that department directors have done to our members.

They have not done proper communication, it’s being chaotic, at some points there has not been any communications. We are angry that they have stopped the contact tracing in South County. That is huge where the majority of our cases are there and where the majority are people of color. So we will be back on the 18th.

And what we’re asking the board is to please review the budget carefully because we don’t feel that these layoffs and this furloughs have been equitable. Like Carlos has been wanting them to be equitable. It would be nice for Carlos to see me as I’m speaking, but you’re not, right, so it seems like you don’t care. It would be respectful of you to see me as I’m speaking about this, I am the largest, we are the largest union and you are not seeing me when I’m speaking.

So it’s really disrespectful. So I thank you for listening to me, but we will be back. And I hope you take our matter serious about how these furloughs, how the elimination of these decisions have been communicating to our members. It has been unprofessional and it has been inhumane to treat workers who are the essential and the heart and soul of this community in this way.

So thank you. (audience applauding) – All right, so I would just like to start by saying, my name is Benton Scott Freedom. I run the Soquel Creek restoration project in the Soquel Hills. And I am doing that for the last five years, prior to that I worked in Western medicine, healthcare, and I can not second, what that man said prior about thanking you and your guys’ health laws for keeping me safe.

That is absolute hogwash. Anybody knows anything about health knows that health does not come from these stupid little clown fare we wear on our face. Health is internal, health is intrinsic, to people who get their sunshine, to people who live healthy lives, who go to sleep at the right time, who practice holistic health, those are the people who don’t get ill. I actually haven’t been ill in over 10 years now because I’ve been adhering to holistic health and making sure my vitamin D is adequate so that I don’t get sick when everyone else does.

And again, what that guy said earlier about how you guys are all giving great advice to keep us all safe. I haven’t seen any good advice come from any healthcare professional and the mainstream media, from any government official. I haven’t heard anyone talk about vitamin D. African Americans and people of color are being affected by this disproportionately.

Just like they’re being effected by all health ills disproportionately, because they don’t any longer live at the equator and they don’t get the sunshine required for their body to make the adequate levels of vitamin D to keep them healthy. And so instead of disseminating that information to our people of color, to our neighborhoods that actually do need that information because of the massive disparity of time that they would need to spend compared to us fair-skinned people to keep the same level of health it’s not being had. All that we’re doing is arguing over these stupid mandates. People like me are trying to find out in what way does your guys’ little fear-based ordinance trump the Constitution? How does it trump The Bill of Rights, – [Woman] Preach it, preach it! – Like freedom of speech is something that millions of Americans have fought and died for.

And you guys are taking that away because you guys are scared of germs. I’m in the healthcare professional. And I would like to tell you that one fifth of all common colds are the coronavirus. And so if you guys think that we’re ever gonna eliminate the coronavirus, you guys are beyond nuts.

It’s never going away. Only thing that we can do is raise our health so that we can get over this and get to a place of herd immunity like Sweden is at now. And so I just wanted to really say that everything you guys are doing makes me as an American, incredibly shamed, ashamed to be an American, because this is not the country that we live in. Our founding fathers did not say, “Give me safety or give me death.” They said, “Give me freedom or give me death.” And that’s what we need is our freedoms back.

Personal responsibility is not dead. If you want to live in a bubble and never go out, never experienced germs, pretend that you don’t have your own germs, do it, but that’s nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with my mom, has nothing to do with my deaf aunt, who hasn’t been able to communicate with a single person, throughout this entire epidemic, because she reads lips. So this is actually muting her.

And so I just wanted to say to all you guys, look you dead in your eye. I am ashamed of each and every one of you to the extent to which you contribute to this unlawful. – [Greg] Okay, thank you. (audience applauding) – The timer stops beeping.

– Thank you. – Excuse me. – That’s it. – [Woman] Excuse me, excuse me, you’re done, excuse me. – Thank you. Your time is up, your time is up.

– Thank you. – [Benton] Leave the building and that’s it? So now I’m leaving the building and I don’t want to wear your stupid mask. – [Woman] Excuse me, Chair Caput, before we continue Chair Caput. – [Greg] Yes.

– [Woman] We’re having a little technical issue and the meeting is not streaming live. IT will need to shut down and restart, which will take just a couple minutes. – [Greg] We’ll let it go for a few more speakers, and then we’ll. – [Woman] It’s not streaming on the internet so no one can see this right now, unless we shut down and restart.

– [Greg] Okay, you’re talking about the mask? – [Woman] No, I’m talking about. – [John] She’s asking for like a five or 10 minute recess. – [Woman] Yes, could we have like a five minute recess for a technical issue to fix a technical issue? – [Greg] We need a recess now? Okay, five minutes, okay. We’ll have a five minute recess.

Thanks for the wait. – Chairman supervisors, especially the people, people on the other side of this podium I think, should be wearing mask because I think it’s outrageous. And this whole thing is to take down the United States. It was the founder, Maurice Strong, a billionaire at the real conference set forth agenda 21, which you fully endorsed.

He suggested in “West Magazine,” I encourage you to look it up, that he formed a secret society to pull down a Western industrial states. That’s exactly his word. There’s a Dr. Charles Leiber from Harvard who helped build the Wuhan society. There’s a 19 page affidavit by an undercover FBI person.

He was arrested along with military members and members of the communist party. That’s not put out by our so called local newspapers “The Sentinel,” or anybody else. We also have Bruce McPherson. Who’s received tens of thousands of dollars from the red Chinese. We find that WHO, World Health Organization is run by a wife of a Chinese Communist Party person.

We have at the same time, all the authority, according to Mr. Palacios over here, it goes to a person that’s being secretly paid by a secret billionaire by the foundation. And here’s Mr. Palacios standing right next to Susan True on the Community Foundation. I believe he’s involved in the illegal conspiracy. He put out a document saying that Margaret Lopez had everything to do with what’s going on here in this county.

And of course, when I drive by La Sud, which is everything in the county, she had Black Lives Matter. Both those founders admit that they’re trained activists and train Marxists, and you know it. Bruce McPherson, Zach Friend, most of his former employers now are registered lobbyists for the Chinese Communist Party. We find the kill a cop of violent, not just the protesters, but those that are trained in the violence, the people responsible, according to a magazine dedicated their interest in it, it says the group is indivisible Revolutionary Communist Party, the Communist Party of the USA Color of Change in California Forward.

While it was our great Leon Koneta a communist collaborator. with the red Chinese, Hugh Delacey whose plaque is right up there on the courthouse steps dedicated to this communist that belong to four different spiring, perlo, ware, shorge, silver master, but California Forward Bruce McPherson’s in it, Fred Keeley’s in it, this whole county is designed to be taken down and the co-chairman of it. There’s Lenny Mendonka advocates getting rid of 80% of the local governments. And that’s what you’ve been up to.

– [Greg] Thank you. (audience applauding) – Hello, my name is Keith Dalton. I’ve been working in the trades painting and carpentry work for at least 35 years, I’m 54 years old. There’s a lot of carcinogenics that I work around by the State of California known to be known to cause cancer.

The mask is very hard to work under, I can’t breathe. What I am trying to breathe is oxygen, whatever amount I can. I don’t believe by wearing the mask I am going to live longer. I do not believe in the mask and I won’t support it.

(coughs) Excuse me. I have been informed about the facts from OSHA about the safe and unsafe usage of this or any other particle mask and the dangers and complications of the usage of this mask. This is a novelty doesn’t make any sense to me. I say, get your knee off my face.

Thank you. – Thank you. (audience applauding) – Hello guys, my name is Laura Bezich. I’m a resident of Capitola for the last five years. Previously I lived in five states, including Virginia, where I was born, New Hampshire, where I grew up in New York, Massachusetts and Utah.

I graduated from Syracuse University with a bachelor’s degree in business and design before I moved to Santa Cruz to launch my startup company, a utility patented new consumer product. I’ve been an active participant in Santa Cruz Works a member at the IDF fab labs, a participant in the big Santa Cruz pitch night tech raising and the Monterey Bay startup challenge of which I was a finalist. This mask mandate will effectively turn me into a criminal. – [John] You have to wear your mask, you have to wear your mask.

– Because I refuse to comply with an unconstitutional law that does not make sense. That is not justifiable. That is full of contradictions and holes that destroys my uniqueness, my individuality, my humanity, and symbolizes censorship and silence. This is about not about our health and safety, but about giving up our power and sovereignty and ushering in a new form of Marxism.

And before you jumped to the conclusion that I must be a right wing Republican, because I brought up collectivist agenda I accompanied a democratic political operative to Utah boyfriend of mine on a mission to challenge Republican Senator Orrin Hatch. At this point, I do not identify with any party. I am registered as no party. I identify as a free American and an entrepreneur.

This mandate is an outrage and insult to the founding principles of our country. – [John] You need to wear your mask. – Which protect the rights of the individual and the minority from the passions of the majority. You will have to force me into a jail, maybe a concentration camp.

It’s more likely in the plan before I will– – [Man] Chair, we cannot have people in the building without, can you turn off the sound please? – [Greg] Thank you. – [Laura] Now’s the time to stand up – Chair. – Thank you. (audience applauding) – [Man] Chair, Chair Caput? Chair Caput? – [Greg] Yeah. – [Man] We cannot continue to have these protests in the meeting.

It’s not safe our staff. So if we continue to have people removing their masks, I’m going to request that you clear the room. So if you could announce that, that we will clear the room unless people. If people continue to do these protests, we’re the only government that’s continuing to have open meetings and we can not do them if people are not gonna wear their mask.

– Okay, okay, yes. Remember, there’s a lot of people that don’t want to go into a room where people are not worrying about risks. So we have to understand that there’s people that find that offensive really, that nobody’s respecting their health. Okay, thank you.

– People have different opinions based upon the sources of information, don’t they? The real existential threats to life on the planet are the nuclear threat, the possibility of nuclear war, the nuclear arms industry, the environmental collapse and devastation and the ecosystems that support life on earth. And I heard and also that we don’t really have a democracy we’re told we do, but with these authoritarian, somebody used the phrase, tiptoed totalitarian, step by step we’re driven into compliance. I have a couple of questions and I’ve been on this planet quite a while. Would the government or corporations ever lie to us? Is there a history of that? Another question, is the bio engineered Coronavirus purposefully propagated in order to further facilitate the global military 5G deployment worldwide on Earth and in space.

Because as we are here, satellites, 5G satellites are going up. A missile was just launched by the military from Vandenberg Air Force Base this morning. And there’s a quote here from the film “5G Apocalypse Extinction Event,” “It’s important to understand what the 5G is doing and what they say it’s doing. We’re told on the IEEE beam forming document that this technology cooks your eyes like eggs in World War II.

We all need to understand these are military weapons. These are assault frequencies. If you know nothing more than that, that’s what you need to know. It’s microwave radiation warfare, that’s what it is.” And a 4G Verizon cell tower just went up at Ocean and Water in the medium soon to be 5G.

This is the real serious thread that the county needs to be opposing this roll out, the Board of Supervisors. That’s the most serious threat in my understanding, thank you. – Thank you. (audience applauding) – Good morning, my name’s Gary Scofield. I’ve been living in the County now for 40 years.

On the mask issue. By the way, the virus, the alleged virus is one billionth of a meter in size. And so in order for the mask to work, it’d have to be so tightly woven that we wouldn’t be able to breathe. So it’s really a sham.

In terms of the death potential in Santa Cruz County, with four deaths and 275 citizens, we have a 0.00014% chance of dying from COVID 0.0014 in the state of California. If you use the numbers of the alleged 9,224 deaths, we have a 0.0023% chance of dying. So in terms of Santa Cruz County, it’s a nonevent at 0.0014, it’s a non event it’s not happening, but let me talk about some of the financial considerations. California has approximately 500,000 cases and the case, by the way, let’s define a case.

A case is a positive test. It’s not, has nothing to do with disease. Most of the cases are asymptomatic, but we get Newsom is getting $5,000 per case with 500,000 cases, we’re going to get $2.5 billion. Santa Cruz County has 1,115 alleged cases.

Remember the PCR test, it has a 50% false positive at 5,000 per case, the County will get $5.6 million. Santa Cruz County in 2009 had a $10 billion GDP. So let’s assume that that’s still in effect $10 billion GDP for the county of Santa Cruz. So, so I’m wondering, we’re gonna get $5.3 million from Mr. Newsom in terms of the COVID per case, but we’re losing possibly 250 to $500 million in lost revenue from shutting down the economy.

And I wanna ask you guys, is, does that make sense? Does that make sense from you? You guys are our representatives, you control the budget, you control the events that happened in the county. Does that make sense to you to lose anywhere from 250 to $575 million in return for $5 million from Newsom? Does that make any sense? So I’m wondering why it is that you’re closing down our economy based on this virus, alleged virus. And by the way, no one in the world has ever identified, purified and sequence the virus. No one in the world has done that.

Dr. Young has offered a $5 million reward for anybody who can prove an example of a virus has been fully sequenced, purified, and identified. The virus is a theoretical construct, it’s a theoretical construct. So well, I’ll leave it at that. Thank you so much. (audience applauding) – [Greg] Okay, after this, we’ll go to two minutes.

Is that okay? What’s going on? – Good morning, my name is Ellie Black. And last time I was here, I brought up the fact that it’s completely reprehensible that half the people who attend these meetings in the room in the hall outside half the people are so terrified that they think that the other people around them could possibly kill them. That’s how terrified they are. For those of you who were here last at the last meeting.

I remember there were a couple of altercations that took place out front, where the sheriffs had to get involved and separate people. Okay, the other half of the people are not afraid. We’re hugging each other, we’re not afraid. It’s that because we’re uneducated and haven’t done our research? No, it’s not.

So I requested that our elected representatives and unelected representatives as the case may be, set up a public health forum for the citizens of this county to learn some of the reasons why some of us are not afraid and offer an opportunity for the public to understand more about what’s going on, to my knowledge that has not been addressed or even considered. So that forces us to do it ourselves. So at this time, I would like to extend the invitation to each and every one of the supervisors and also Dr. Gail Newel to attend a health forum, that will be a public event with questions and answers and several different people from across the health practitioner spectrum from our county to get into this in a way that the public can understand and stop acting in fear that maybe is not warranted, or perhaps it will go the other direction. And those of us who have been hugging each other and not getting sick, many of my friends are over 60, nobody has gotten sick in the entire time since February, that this has been going on, maybe we will learn something different and learn to be afraid.

That could be the case, but either way, I’d like to extend that invitation. We do not have a date set yet emails will be going out with the invitation, but I’d like to publicly invite you now. And I hope you will attend. And I certainly hope Gail Newel will attend because we need her expertise on this.

Thank you very much. (audience applauding) – Good morning, my name is James Ewing Whitman. I appreciate that we can all still stand here and speak publicly, and that this is recorded and televised. I also appreciate that there has been some lenience with those who have, are not obeying the most simple rules. I’m not here to talk about the masks, do a lot of research and a lot of study.

I’ve been very blessed to live in this county since 1995. Last Monday, I found myself doing some research and homework, and I was parked right in front of Twin Lakes and unknown to me, there was some kind of kids camp. And so I witnessed at least 25 individuals or pairs of parents bring their small children to the beach and witnessed another human being, pointing a gun at these kids. And just seeing these kids just go down like what’s going on.

I can’t believe what’s going on. Now I’m not gonna take the time to go into the detail about how that affects you psychologically and physically, but it’s really quite tremendous. And it’s really sad to see that it is being suggested that children be taught in such a way that is so unnatural. I mean, what has changed so much in the past six months that seems so different to how I was brought up and I’m gonna focus on, you know, pointing a gun at another.

So there’s just a lot of stuff going on and I’ll be speaking later, but I’m very happy about the lenient here about some people who are not respecting other people’s ability to speak by what they’re choosing to do. So hopefully I’ll be able to speak on number 10, thank you. Thank you. – Hello, my name is Shirley Johnson.

I’m a wildlife biologist and I’ve had lots of courses like microbiology. And I also have a dental hygiene degree and I’ve taught school in this district for a number of years. My parents both go back to the Revolutionary War of 1776, and I’m a patriot. This plandemic is taking away our freedoms.

Keeping the China virus out with a mask is like trying to keep a mosquito out with a cyclone fence, it’s ridiculous scientifically. It’s a total joke. Mask are for control of the people, government control of the people. This political shut down is just a total farce taking away our freedoms.

And I want to say that talking about shut down of the state of California, this state, if it was a country would be the fifth largest economic country in the entire world. And it’s all a political scam. I haven’t been able to swim, but one out of the last five months, because they keep closing down things. I’m gonna try the cold ocean today.

Hope I don’t get washed out to sea. I’ve been in this county for over 50 years, and this is just unheard of. I really think you guys should look into this idea of charging people if they aren’t wearing mask. It’s just out the window craziness.

Thank you. – Fascism! (audience applauding) – Good morning I’m Jay Rosella Myers and I am also a resident of the first district and have been incredibly supportive of the Board of Supervisors on many occasions about different issues, and I’m hoping that you can hear what we all have to say. There’s a lot of really great information within this group. A lot of people have been looking into this for some time and I will leave you a copy with the clerk of a article that appeared in “Wise Traditions” for the month of July, “Is Coronavirus Contagious?” Written by Sally Felon Morel. And she actually has a really good analysis.

And she’s a pretty famous person who wrote a nourishment cookbook and health fanatic, but also I have copies of the Unruh Civil Rights Act that I want you to look over because there’s things that appeal to our civil rights and the county health ordinance that I’ve highlighted things. I moved to Santa Cruz County because I used to live in LA County where I felt like I lived in a police state. I lived close to USC, where I went to university and the helicopters, the flying helicopters, looking for criminals every night were flying overhead, shining lights into our windows. And I felt like I lived in a police state.

I moved to Santa Cruz County ’cause I felt like there was justice for all here for the diversity and the love of this community and the wonderful aspects of enjoying this incredible environment that was in middle 70s. And I cannot believe what’s going on right now. I so appreciate that you’re trying to do the best for us. Please continue. – Thank you.

– Cope Britain, Mattson Britain architects. Good morning. I’m here today representing a retired school teacher, but not just that retired school teacher, but this whole community, that are looking for work or looking for jobs and are looking for an economy that can keep working. I was told by the county and repeatedly and insistently that this applicant had to pay for a application to determine whether they needed a soils report or not. Well, guess what? They had already submitted a soils report and had already been accepted.

And guess what? In the state of California, every new house needs a soils report. Why in the world would the county insist that they needed to pay to determine whether they needed one or not? This has cost them tens of thousands of dollars. It has cost them months and months of time. It’s shameful. (audience applauding) – Hi, I’m here to speak about homelessness.

I’m homeless right now. It wasn’t planned for, it’s not really something I chose. Right now they’re doing creating a tent kind of area where we can live down on the green. And I think that it’s great that we have support like showers and food and that sort of thing.

Everybody is homeless for, there’s a variety of reasons why people are homeless, but we sometimes seem to get lumped into the same category. I heard a lot of people’s comment on how dirty homeless people are. And before I became homeless, I was also when I saw trash lying around, I got depressed. Now that I’ve been homeless, I know it’s not so easy to be clean.

It’s not easy to stay clean that people will seem to harass homeless a lot. If you drop something, we drop trash. I just want to say that it’s not easy. It’s not easy to stay clean.

It’s not easy to hold all your belongings together. And when you see camps of people with trash around that sort of thing, those people are actually trying to stay clean. But to someone who has a home has access to water, has access to all those things. It just looks dirty to them.

So a homeless person there, they might be trying really hard to stay clean. So since people who’ve never been homeless, don’t know that, I just wanted to express that, to say that to people. The tents that they’re putting up right now and the food and the showers are really helpful. And we’re grateful for that.

But I think a lot of people are worried about being clustered in. They’re worried about the virus since everyone’s kind of closer now. People were more spread out on the green and the fence that they’re putting up. I really, I don’t like it.

I don’t like the fact that they’re putting up a fence around the whole green area, limiting our area. It looks like they’re just trying to corral people into one area and that looks like they don’t care. I felt safe doing anything when I was out on the green. – [Greg] Thank you.

– Thank you. – Thank you very much. (audience applauding) – Hello, thank you for your patience. I just wanted to let you know about the OSHA requirements and the OSHA standards because you guys may be interested in that as well, as far as the respiratory protection goes. So the OSHA standard 29 CFR1910.134, paragraph D2III of the respiratory protection standard considers any atmosphere with an oxygen level below 19.5% to be oxygen deficient and immediately dangerous to life and health.

And that happens when you are behind a mask in less than five seconds. Human beings must breathe oxygen to survive, and they begin to suffer adverse health effects when the oxygen level of their breathing air drops below 19.5% the air is considered oxygen deficient. Workers that are engaged in any form of exertion can rapidly become symptomatic as their tissues fail to obtain the oxygen necessary to function properly. The increased breathing rates, accelerated heartbeat, impaired thinking, or coordination can occur more quickly in an oxygen deficient environment, which also includes bicycle riding and things like that in public.

This can be devastating to a worker if it occurs while the worker is performing potentially dangerous activity this also leads to tachycardia, impaired attention thinking and coordination, even in people who are resting. The rule making record of the respiratory protection standard clearly justifies adopting the requirement that air breathed by employees must have an oxygen content of at least 19.5. And that does not happen when your face is covered with a mask, a lesser concentration of oxygen in the employees’ breathing air. Is my time up? Okay, thank you.

– Thank you. (audience applauding) that takes us to. – [Woman] Chair, we have two web comments. – Oh that’s right I’m sorry. – The first comment is from Mark Mesite Miller.

I urge support for this item being legislative item 9280 in regards to public works award of contract for the rail trail segment. I urge support for this item. Completing these two segments of the rail trail will connect some of the densest part of the county together with a car-free safe multi-use trail, transforming the way folks young and old move around. Completing the rail trail will improve social equality, environmental sustainability, and economic vibrancy sooner is better.

Thank you, Mark 37 year resident of the county. The second item is from George Savala. This is in regards to the care act fund for rental assistance and utility assistance. COPA strongly supports the directive to provide $1 million for rental assistance.

My name is George Savala, a volunteer COPA, a leader with Holy Cross Catholic Parish. I am commenting on behalf of hundreds of families within our institutions that do not have technology access to be able to participate in the public comment process. I am joined by families from Live Oak and Soquel, along with other leaders from St. Stephen’s, Temple Beth El, Resurrection Catholic Parish, Parish St. John’s and Calvary Episcopal Church. We have heard stories firsthand from these families about the financial impact they have endured during the pandemic.

Many are in debt and owe rent money to their landlords friends and our financial institutions. Others have exhausted their savings, all are concerned for rent they owe, or will owe for the month of August and September. The city of Santa Cruz was recently accepted. I’m sorry.

The city of Santa Cruz was recently accepting applications for an emergency rent assistance program for city residents, but many residents living in an unincorporated area like Live Oak and Emerald Bay Apartments, do not qualify. Some families have left the area and others barely working. The majority have shared that they have only worked three to four days a week with less than eight hours per day. Hotels, restaurants and other employees are not in full operations.

and many households have been affected by this drastic loss of income. We are in support of this item to assist families during the COVID-19 pandemic. We would also like to see the County of Santa Cruz create ordinance to allow county residents 12 months after the local emergency has lifted to pay back the rent they owe. Thank you and we look forward to working with you on these issues.

Hold on one second. Some other ones came in, but they aren’t public, so that’s it. Thank you. – Is there anybody downstairs? Okay, we’ll go, do board members have any comments or additional direction for items on the consent agenda? Yes.

– Thank you, chair. That just a couple items that I want to comment on. First on item number 22. – I want to thank the probation department and the auditor controller treasurer tax collector office about the discharge of these fines and fees and penalties for these young juvenile offenders.

We want people to turn their lives around. We have to give them the ability to be able to do that. And if the kids have shown their success at being rehabilitated, we shouldn’t saddle them with large amounts of fines. And so this is a good step forward.

On item number 29, I want to thank the mobile and manufactured home commission for their work. These bylaw changes help them hold special meetings when we fall into times like this, that commission is a very hardworking commission and has worked very hard to make sure that they can continue to meet the needs of mobile and manufactured home residents in Santa Cruz County during this pandemic. On item number 44, I wanna thank public works for moving forward on putting out this RFQ for segments, 10 and 11 of the rail trail. This is exciting public infrastructure that we’re moving forward on.

And I’m hopeful that we will continue to be on a constant and steady march to build this rail trail throughout our county and so we can all enjoy this amazing infrastructure. I also want to thank public works on item number 46, which is the emergency repair on Soquel San Jose Road. That’s a key thorough way for so many people. The last item I just want to talk about is item 30.

The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all in countless and profound ways. The necessary shelter in place order helped us save live, but it also placed those living in already unaffordable areas at even greater risk of losing their housing stability. Our board moved quickly to establish a rent eviction moratorium that was adopted by the state judicial council, but it never made rent go away, instead it created an even greater debt that will be difficult for many to overcome. The state has provided our county with funds, from the Cares Act to meet the immediate needs of the pandemic.

We know that the best way to eliminate homelessness is to help people avoid becoming homeless in the first place. We must prioritize support for the most vulnerable and those at risk of losing their housing with funds designed to meet their basic housing and utility needs. I urge the support of my colleagues to support my request for committing at least a million dollars of our Care Act funds to supplement our other funding for housing support. Working now will help prevent a greater homelessness crisis down the road.

We must do all we can to help working families of our community stay housed in our county during this COVID 19 pandemic and continuing thereafter. I hope you’ll join me. And that’s all. – Okay, thank you, Supervisor Friend.

– [Zach] Thank you chair. First. I just need to announce that I need to recuse myself actually from item 44 of the rail item. I do have a personal material financial conflict because my home is within 500 feet of the rail corridor. So I’ll need to recuse on item 44.

I would also like to thank staff on items 42 and 43, which deal with library upgrades in the second district item 42 deals with La Selva Beach and the money that was raised from the friends of La Selva Beach which has done such an amazing job, but extra thanks really to Damon for his project management on these projects and especially the Aptos Library project. I appreciate that we are back on a schedule here and I just wanted to thank him for all of his staff work to ensure that we’re on that schedule for incorporating the Aptos History Museum and just in general, for his feedback that he’s been receiving from the community and trying to incorporate everything in. We are doing a lot of stuff even during the pandemic. And I think that the libraries will be an important place virtual or otherwise for people to use in the coming few years.

So just an extra thanks to staff on that. And lastly, I appreciate the work that public works did on item 48 in regards to Cox Road, as we continue to build out of the storm damages and to actually have that come in under budget, nothing wrong with that, but the community out there is thankful for the continued work that happens on storm damage. I know that it’s a tough road right now in the construction world, but I appreciate public works’ diligence on building ourselves out of the storm damage repair. Thank you, chair.

– Supervisor Coonerty? – [Ryan] Thank you, Mr. Chair, just a couple of comments to make first on item number 30, I’m very supportive of the rental assistance. We have a long way to go as we navigate this pandemic and hopefully this takes some of the pressure off of working families that are struggling to get by right now, as through the, the limits on different on work and may have fallen behind on rent and utilities. Hopefully this is a lifeline going forward. On item number 31 Supervisor Friend and I brought forward a letter to condemn the proposal to exclude undocumented people from the census.

Not only is it unconstitutional and a blatant political move to reduce representation in urban areas and blue states. It’s also just a continuing racism by this president to have people be less than even though the Constitution is very clear that it’s residents of this country that get counted. And then finally, an item number 37, the smart path report. I want to appreciate the staff’s efforts to find housing for the people who are vulnerable and experiencing homelessness in our community, especially prioritizing families with children so that we can reduce the trauma and give those kids an opportunity to have stability and safety.

The numbers are still far too low, and the challenge we need to start thinking outside the box and providing more case management, more housing navigation, and looking at other options because we’re getting too few people into housing in this county. And so we’ll look at that in item number eight coming up, but I appreciate the efforts that have been made with smart path to prioritize families in our community. Thank you. – Supervisor McPherson? – [Bruce] Yeah, thank you, Mr. Chair.

I do want to comment on a couple of things, some of which already have been addressed. On item number 30 of the Cares Act funding. I want to thank Supervisor Leopold for bringing this forward. We certainly need to do what we can to help renters.

We don’t want to have them become homelessness who can’t pay their rent now for some reasons beyond their control, but I also want to make sure, and I know that a Supervisor Leopold and the rest of us who support this action just to ensure there’s equity built in, how would we distribute the funds? I think a program of work of how we’re going to implement this, how we might implement it and how it will be administered, who would determine the qualifies for support and how much support can they get. And I’d like to also have a better understanding of how this program fits into the larger strategy of how we’re allocating our Cares Act funding, some of which has already been allocated or is going to be. So there’s a fully supportive of it. I just would like to have more details on how we’re going to implement it and to assure equity for those areas.

And it reaches each of our districts throughout Santa Cruz County. And I’m sure that Supervisor Leopold, I know, and the rest of us feel the same way, but I just would like to, I think the public will certainly want to have some outlook of how we’re going to administer this in more detail. On item number 37, I noticed that the average, (coughs) excuse me, number of days from contact referral, then referral to securing housing is more than a year. And that’s a glaring problem in my estimation.

And I know the lack of appropriate housing supply is a major factor. We don’t have much housing here in the county, but some questions I’d like to have answered. Are there any anticipated program adjustments to improve the outcomes based on the data that we’ve had now that we’ve collected over a year for that period of time, do we ever look outside of Santa Cruz County to see when making these housing referrals? We have a lot of people who commute and so forth. I just wanted to get a better sense of that and having more dedicated, affordable housing is I believe is we all believe is critical to reducing homelessness.

And if there’s any outreach going on to the property owners whose rentals will be empty this fall due to the UCSC staying online in an effort to get more of those property owners to take a Section 8 vouchers. Those are some of the questions that I have again about implementation of these programs, I think is important. And also I’d like to thank public works as they continue their ongoing efforts to make transportation road repairs. Item number 45 to Bear Creek road, a major, major arterial from Santa Cruz County over to Santa Clara County, that many thousands use every day.

I appreciate their emergency work on that. And all the work that public works has been doing to continue their road improvement program that dates back to the 2016-17 storms. And that’s it, Mr. Chair, thank you. – Caput, if you don’t mind.

I just wanted to add a comment to Supervisor McPherson’s questions and support Supervisor McPherson and the rest of the board. I’ve been working with county staff. I believe that during the budget hearings next week, when we talk about the Cares Act that there will be, the program details will be available. It’ll probably be using some of the other organizations that are helping out with rent assistance right now, such as the Community Action Board and Families in Transition, but we’ll have all that information available when we discuss this next week.

– [Bruce] Thank you. – Vote on this, make a motion? – Well, I’d be prepared to move the consent agenda. – [Ryan] Second. – Was that Supervisor Coonerty who second it.

– Yes. – Okay, thank you. I’ll do the roll call vote. Supervisor Leopold. – Aye. – Friend? – Aye.

– Coonerty? – Aye. – McPherson? – Aye. Chair Caput? – Aye. Now we’ll move on to the regular agenda.

Starting with item number seven. – Public hearing to consider proposed easement by condemnation APN 041-081-18 041-0811904-10820 041-081-21 to support the Valencia Road 2017 storm damage repair project and adopt resolution of the the fifth authorizing the County council to institute eminent domain proceeding to obtain possession of the required real property interests as outlined in the memorandum of the deputy CAO. Okay, thank you. Hi, how are you? – [Kimberly] Good, how are you? – Good morning chair, board members.

I’m Travis Carey director of capital projects, and it was my pleasure to provide a brief introduction this morning before the actual item. I want to introduce Kimberly Fendley. She’s our new chief real property agent in the capital project division. She’s managing the real property section In the Department of Public Works.

We’re very excited to have her on board Kimberly started in January of this year, has already accomplished so much for us. It’s just really great to have her on board. She does have a law degree and a very diverse background in all kinds of real estate matters. So it’s very exciting to have her here.

Most recently, she was a facilities manager for the state of Alaska. So those skills are really valuable for us. Kimberly’s responsibilities include managing the real property section in public works, leasing and property management services county-wide. She also does the road abandonments and surplus land sales and rights agreements to support capital projects, construction projects for us providing excellent support there as well.

And also a lot of special projects these days, currently writing agreements and doing negotiations for the CAO, HSD, and economic development projects, and most importantly, property acquisition. So we do a lot of property acquisition through public works. A lot of those are for easements to support emergency road repairs, and sometimes those do require condemnation. And that’s the topic in front of you today, so that I’ll turn it over to Kimberly.

Thank you. – Thank you. – Good afternoon, chair and members of the board. My name is Kimberly Finley. I’m the chief real property agent with the Department of Public Works.

I appear before you today to request that the board conduct a public hearing on the proposed easement by condemnation across real property, located at Valencia Road post mile 0.34. And to request that the board adopt a resolution of necessity authorizing County Council to institute the eminent domain proceedings to obtain possession of the required real property interests to provide brief, but relevant background, public works is requesting a resolution of necessity to proceed with the eminent domain process to obtain rights to 2,204 square feet of permanent roadway easement and 1,993 square feet of temporary construction easement, which easement runs across four contiguous parcels of land, all owned by one. Mr. Dayne Pefferle. substantial time and county resources have been expended to attempt to contact Mr. Pefferle and offer just compensation for the taking of these required permanent and temporary easement rights. The real property section has attempted to reach Mr. Pefferle utilizing available county resources, internet search, the white pages and via comprehensive background check performed by County Council.

Public works has attempted numerous times to contact Mr. Pefferle via certified mail, telephone, and physical site visit. A condemnation notice providing notification of this public hearing was sent to Mr. Pefferle’s last two known addresses via certified mail on June 15th, 2020. Both of these letters have since been returned undeliverable. To date the Department of Public Works has received no response of communication from Mr. Pefferle.

It is imperative that the county move forward at this time with acquiring the rural property easement rights over Mr. Pefferle’s land. As the associated Valencia Road storm damage repair project is at risk of losing vital project funds if we do not pursue this action expeditiously. The Valencia Road storm damage repair project has been allocated $600,000 in Federal Highway Administration funds, which funds our risk of lapsing if this project is not right of way certified by September 2020. This right of way certification is dependent on the county obtaining rights to the proposed easement.

The Valencia storm damage repair project will restore the road damage caused by the 2016-2017 storm event. The current damage consists of an approximately 60 foot slip out, which encroaches approximately 10 feet into the road resulting in the complete closure of one lane. Any further damage to this road would threaten the one remaining lane. Valencia Road at post mile 0.34 is a major collector road with a significant number of average daily trips.

And it is a vital transportation link for this area of the county. This road must be repaired. Based on the aforementioned, I now request that the board conduct a public hearing on their proposed easement by condemnation across real property, located at Valencia post mile 0.34, APNs 04108118, 04108119, 04108120, and 04108121. And adopt a resolution of necessity authorizing County Council to institute eminent domain proceedings to obtain possession of the required real property interests.

Thank you and I’m available for any questions. – Very welcome. Do we have any board members who have questions on the items? I don’t hear any. So each person will open it up to the public on item number seven.

– I think you you want to say you want to open the public hearing? – Oh yeah. I’ll now open the public hearing on the item and each person, anybody want to speak? We have one. Okay, you have three minutes, sir. – [Man] Is that the item to actual lady just spoke? – Yes. – Yeah.

– I used to live in the area, but I can’t picture just which part of the Valencia Road it is could she mentioned some cross streets or intersection? – [Greg] We have an answer. – [Kimberly] It’s located at post mile 0.34, and there is an exhibit A attached to today’s agenda item that describes the location. – Anybody downstairs wants to speak. – [Woman] No one in the community room.

– No web comments? That concludes public hearing for item number seven. Bring it back to the board. – I’ll move the recommended action. – [Zach] And I’ll second.

And Chair I’ll just make a brief comment, up for the board on this. (Zach murmuring indistinctly) – Okay and Mr. Friend though, I was there’s a little problem with your microphone, maybe. No, it was okay. Maybe it’s our problem here.

Okay. So there a motion and a second? – Yeah, I made the first and Supervisor Friend made the second. – That’s correct, I’m sorry. And the clerk conduct the roll call.

– Supervisor Leopold. – Aye. – Friend? – Aye. – Coonerty? – Aye. – McPherson? – Aye.

– And Chairman Caput? – Aye. Motion passes unanimously. That takes us to item number eight, consider report on COVID-19 public health, emergency shelter and care response, and update on focus strategies, action planning, consider and approve Santa Cruz County, six months of work plan for homeless response, adopt resolution authorizing emergency solutions. Grant a CV grant in the amount not to exceed $1,967,600 and direct staff to return no later than November 17th, 2020 with an updated report and take related actions as outlined in the memorandum of the County Administrative officer.

AlrigNature’s Way Sambucus Black Elderberry Gummies with Vitamin C and Zinc, 60 Gummies

Source: CTV Santa Cruz County

Comments