Published on YouTube: A Capable Maid Chapter 8

My Skin Care Routine 2019 šŸŒ± Incl. Makeup šŸ’„ Cruelty Free & VEGAN [CC]

My Skin Care Routine 2019 šŸŒ± Incl. Makeup šŸ’„ Cruelty Free & VEGAN [CC]

Hi guys, its Lara. Thanks for watching and welcome back to my channel. I get asked a lot what skincare products I’m using so that I can keep my skin firm even though I’m over 40. To be honest, I’m not using anything special, but the products that I’m using really work for me very well. So I thought it would be a great idea to film my updated skincare routine. I bought all of the products with my own money, so this video is not sponsored. And of course, all the products that I’m gonna show you today are cruelty free and vegan. And I will also show you the very few makeup products that I’m still using. So if that’s something you’re interested in then please keep watching. As a first step I always wash my face with the soap Coalface from LUSH. I rub the soap into my skin, massage my face gently and then, I wash it off with warm water. Then I always dry my face gently with a soft towel. As a next step, I grab a reusable bamboo pad and I apply a tonic with green tea and healing clay extract.

Next, I apply a serum with coenzyme Q-10, goji berries, almond oil, jojoba oil and hyaluronic acid. While I let the serum set, I use my eye moisturizer and work it gently into the skin around my eyes. The moisturizer contains Bach flower extract, vitamin E, almond oil and hyaluronic acid. As a next step, I like putting my lash serum on. It makes my lashes thicker and stronger. It’s an inexpensive drugstore brand, but it works very well for me.

And then, I apply my moisturizer with healing clay, zinc, almond oil and green tea extract. And this is exactly the same routine that I’m also doing in the evening. Now the additional steps that I’m doing in the morning. So in the morning I first brush my eyebrows with a spoolie and shape them. Then I use an eyebrow gel – either a tinted or a clear one. I have two from the same brand. The clear one is even waterproof, and the tinted one is a light brown shade. And I style my eyebrows with it. Whichever I use depends on my mood or if I feel like my eyebrows need a little color. Especially in summer my eyebrows get very light and I also have a few gray hairs so I usually dye my eyebrows. But whenever I don’t feel like it, I just used the brown eyebrow gel.

As a next step, I apply any of my many blushes. I have quite the collection. So today, I’ll use Discordia from Little Rabbit, which is an Austrian cruelty free and vegan brand. When I’m done with the blush, I like wiping the product off of my tattooed beauty mark. For that I always use a cotton swab and a bit of micelllar water. Occasionally I’m wearing mascara. So this one is from the brand Catrice. They are a cruelty-free brand and quite a few products that they have are vegan.

And this product is of course also vegan. It’s called Glam & Doll false lashes mascara. And before I apply the mascara, I always curl my lashes first. When I feel like wearing my mascara only on my upper lashes I sometimes apply also a brown eye pencil on the lower lash line and I smudge it out for a more natural look. The eyebrow pencil that I’m using is also from the brand Little Rabbit.

After my mascara dries, I wipe any stains with a cotton swab and a bit of micellar water. For lips, I’m using my homemade chapstick. I have a tutorial on my DIY channel, so I will link it down below. And this one is the tinted version with red beet powder and with cocoa powder. And that’s basically it for my face. As you can see I’m not really doing much. And then I always do my hair. Whenever I feel like wearing my hair down, I’ll brush it through properly.

Then I always part my hair and bring it to the front. And I like spraying the last few inches with a conditioning spray. The one that I’m using is from the brand bi good, which is a drugstore organic and vegan brand. It’s a leave-in conditioner that you can use also on dry hair. So I spray the hair first and then I crunch the hair with my hands in order to achieve the typical beachy waves that I like wearing, because my hair is a little bit wavy. And when I do this I don’t have to do anything else with my hair. It’s just a very easy hairstyle for me. The advantage of this hairstyle is for me that I don’t have to use any heat, it’s more natural and definitely more gentler to my hair. Especially since I’m growing my hair out. Next, I pick my jewelry for the day and I also make up my mind about my outfit of the day.

And sometimes as a final step I would grab a dry shampoo. I like using the Colab dry shampoo. it’s wonderful. And I would spray it on any part of my hair that needs a little bit more body, or when I feel like it could get a little greasy throughout the day. And then I’m done. This entire routine starting with washing my face up to this point takes me maximum 15 minutes. So this is my current skincare routine. It works for me very well. All the products are also very inexpensive, which is another up side. I will list all the products down below. And again, this video is not sponsored. I bought all the products with my own money with one exception, and that’d be the blush that you have seen in today’s video. I completely forgot about that at the beginning. So the blush from the brand Little Rabbit has been sent to me I think, like, two years ago. And in exchange for the blush together with a few more products from the brand, I filmed a video in which I have introduced the brand on my channel. So I will link the video down below in case you’re interested. But it’s not the only blush I’m using. I have quite a few blushes, and I kind of switch them back and forth however I feel, like whatever shade I need. So it’s not the only blush that I’m using. It was basically just a coincidence that I grabbed that one the day when I was filming.

Apart from the soap that I buy at LUSH, all the products are from the drugstore, which is also very convenient, because I can get the products anytime I need them. I don’t have to think about them way ahead, because I don’t have to order anything online. I just walk across the street, go into the drugstore and get anything that’s about to get empty. And you have seen that most of the products are from the brand Alverde. But to be honest, I don’t use the brand Alverde just because I think it’s “the best bran ever”. I use it for the convenience, because, again, it’s a drugstore product, I can get it anytime, any day without ordering it somewhere online, because I’m trying to avoid shipping unless necessary. It’s cruelty free, it’s vegan, it’s inexpensive, and all the products work very well for me. But I’m pretty sure if you would get products from an another brand with similar ingredients, they would work just as fine. And last but not least, there are a few additional components to my skincare that are very important. I always make sure that I drink lots of water, that I get enough sleep. I’m eating mainly whole foods, although occasionally I’ll have my vegan burger or a vegan sausage. But I’m trying to keep the junk food component in my diet to a minimum. I’m also trying to avoid processed sugar, because it’s just not good for my skin. It gives me breakouts. In general, I eat way more vegetables than fruits. I noticed that’s also way better for me. I personally don’t drink alcohol and I also don’t drink any coffee, but I don’t think that having occasionally a glass of wine or a coffee is necessarily bad. But I noticed it’s better for me, especially coffee. It gives me the shakes, and it always messes up my digestion, so I’m just staying away from that. And I don’t smoke. And what I don’t do is any stupid water fasts, or any stupid starvation diets, none of that nonsense. I’m always making sure that I eat enough calories, that I cover all of my macros. I’m also taking supplements. I’m taking daily a multi that has B12 and several other B vitamins in it, and minerals and some other vitamins. And other than that, I don’t think there is anything else I should mention. If you have any questions, feel free to write them down below in the comments. Thank ya’ll so much for watching, I love you guys so much, and see you soon! Bye! you

Source: Wolf Moon

Comments