Published on YouTube: A Capable Maid Chapter 8

Good Molecules Niacinamide Brightening Toner Review - Worth Your Money?

Good Molecules Niacinamide Brightening Toner Review - Worth Your Money?

If you have been around here for a while, you know that Niacinamide is one of my favorite ingredients. It just does a little bit of everything for my skin and it i especially helps in brightening hyperpigmentation or sun spots, which I suffer from. So when Good Molecules let me pick a few products from their website, the Niacinamide Brightening Toner was among the first I put into my bag. Let´s talk about if it was worth it! Hi, I´m Doctor Anne. I´m a medical doctor with a passion for skincare that works. On this channel we explore the science behind skin and do quick reviews so you learn to pick exactly those products that work for your individual skin concern. So if this is something you´re interested in, please consider subscribing and ring the notification bell. Now if you are wondering if a toner is an essential step in your skincare routine, the answer is no.

If I were to pick where I invest my money in, it would be the serum step rather than the toner. But it doesn’t hurt to have one in your routine that can support the things you are trying to achieve. The good thing is: The Niacinamide Brightening Toner is really affordable. But let´s see what Good Molecules claims: Promote bright, even skin and less visible pores with this alcohol-free toner from Good Molecules. Niacinamide Brightening Toner is formulated with a soothing blend of brightening ingredients that work to reduce the appearance of dullness, uneven skin tone and enlarged pores. I did a whole video on the difference between toner, tonic and essence a few months back and if you´d ask me I would not classify this one as a toner. The texture of this one is kind of in between your serum and your toner It is not your typical watery toner, it has a little more body, but it is much lighter than a serum would be. It is only the glass bottle that is brown, the liquid itself is clear and there is no noticeable scent.

The toner could be used both morning and night, I primarily reach for it in the evenings, because it fits my routine best. I just pour a little bit into the palm of my hands, press it into my skin and it sinks in immediately without leaving my skin feeling tacky. As the name gives away the main ingredient is Niacinamide which works to even out the skin tone, helps with hydration, helps with sebum control and is also said to calm down irritation. Added in are a few humectants, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, a Vitamin C derivative and of course Arbutin. Arbutin works by hindering the melanin forming activity of Tyrosinase, which is the enzyme that is responsible for the brown pigmentation in our skin. So the Arbutin, combined with Licorice Root Extract, Vitamin C Derivative and Niacinamide should help in evening out the skin tone and fighting hyperpigmentation. Now if you ask me if the Good Molecules Niacinamide Brightening Toner is worth the money, I´d say yes. You do of course not need a toner as essential step in your routine and if you have to pick between toner and serum, I´d always go for the serum, but my favorite Niacinamide serum so far, the Niacinamide plus Zinc one from The Ordinary tends to be a little more drying on the skin, while this Good Molecules product is pretty hydrating and I really enjoy that it contains Niacinamide, Licorice Root Extract, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Vitamin C derivative and Arbutin which really enhance each other in terms of brightening and evening out the skin. I think it is suitable for every skin type, even the sensitive ones, because it is formulated without alcohol, fragrance and essential oils or things like that and the pH is at 6.2, which shouldn’t be irritating either.

I think it is a lovely soothing product that will really help with brightening and that is really affordable, so What´s not to love? Please let me know if you have tried anything from Good Molecules in the comments below I am going to link to a few more videos on the screen that I think you might enjoy And I am going to see you all very soon with another one. Bye!

Source: Doctor Anne

Comments